Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

I wanted to say happy father's day to all the fathers out there!

My dad was a fantastic example to me growing up on what makes a man great. I know he is just a phone call away and he is always there for me. When I was in Philly on bed rest after having fetal surgery he drove 6 hrs to sit by bedside when my husband had to leave for 2 hrs for his job. That is just the type of dad he is and I am really lucky!!


My husband is also a great man, husband, and father. All the things that happened to our son was always manageable because I had him. I remember one awful time in the NICU where they didn't think our son would make it. My husband was away in training for his job in Texas and he jumped on the red eye and was back with us as soon he possibly could. As soon as I saw him walk through Andrew's hospital door I fell asleep. That may sound strange but I was so exhausted from staying up and worrying all night. When I saw him I knew he would take on all the worry for me and be there by Andrew's side just as I would. He always keeps us going and is strong for me when I can't be strong. Aside from my son he is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Again I am so lucky!!





1 comment:

  1. Happy Father's Day Mikey! YOu are a great father!

    Luv ya,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete