Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I'm back!

Hi everyone! It is Kelly and I'm so excited to be able to write again. My husband did a great job for me in my absence though. As I mentioned his medical term understanding is definitely better then me. I don't know the meaning of 90% of the medical terms he was using. I just know it hurt..haha. Before I talk about the experience I want to say I would do it again a million times over. Seeing Andrew on his daily ultrasound and his spine/back looking like how it supposed to look made it all worth it. He is doing so well! He has no swelling on the area they repaired and he is moving around a ton which doesn't feel so great for recent stitches but who cares right?? I would much rather see him moving.

Right now I'm writing this from the hotel on my very strict bed rest. I got released from the hospital yesterday which was the best feeling. Although the staff at the hospital was incredible. I had my very own nurse assigned to me the whole time which made me feel very well taken care of. The only downside  is you get woken up every two hours to take pills and get vitals taken so you don't get a ton of sleep. A doctor came in several times a day too to make sure things were going well. As my husband mentioned my body didn't react well to the magnesium. I'm one of those annoying people that complain about having a headache and someone will ask if i want Tylenol and I say no. I hate taking medication. So to have a whole boatload dumped into my system put it on overload. The magnesium unfortunately got to toxic levels and effected my kidneys and lungs. I needed an oxygen mask to help me breath which was a little scary.  The most important thing during all of this was Andrew was still doing well. He was probably wondering what all the fuss was about. The good thing about your body is it makes you forget pain and the first few days after surgery are a blank slate. I think it was scarier for my husband and my mom watching the whole thing. Thank God for them. They had to work in shifts to keep cold towels on my body and my lips wet with a sponge. Anyway like I mentioned none of that stuff really matters because at the end of the day Andrew looks great and is such a little champ.

Again I have to thank everyone. Thank you to all the people that comment on this blog that I don't even know and to the ones I do. Thank you to everyone that sent flowers to the hospital. The nurses loved walking into our room because it smelled so good and like spring. The outpouring of support and love has really been amazing.

To be on the other side of the surgery feels so good. So many things happened this month so to have the surgery behind me feels awesome. Now I just have to follow doctor's orders about bed rest which sounds easier then it is. We find out on Monday what day in August they are doing the C-section so I will be really excited to have a goal to work towards.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back!! so good to hear your voice again, although mike did a great job in your absence. Haha, I thought for a second one of your doctors had taken over the blog :). He's good with the medical terms!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to you are back! Mike did a great job keeping us up to date with everything! Glad you are better, wish I was there with you! We love you guys! Xo
    Love Jen, Bryan, & Evan

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly!!! You wrote this to me a few weeks ago about motherhood....."You are exactly what I aspire to be"... well, I'm throwing this quote right back at you! You're awesome and it makes me so HAPPY to hear that you are feeling better!

    xoxoxo from CA :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly,

    I'm SOO happy to hear you're feeling better and back to writing! Best of luck with bedrest. I'm sure it will be alittle stir-crazy at times, but you are the most amazing mommy to Andrew and you're doing great!! Love to your whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. KEL-I am SOOOOOOOO proud of you! I knew this would all go well. You're such a strong person! I am so happy to hear Andrew is doing well too! He is a little fighter! :) If you are able and feeling up to it, lets talk soon over the phone soon! Only if the DOC says its ok of course. HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO TOO! Andrew has his sombrero on dancing-that's why he is moving around so much!

    Love to Mike too -XOX

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete