Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April 21st is so close! It feels like it has been ages since we received Andrew’s diagnosis. In reality it has only been about three weeks. In that time we moved out of our home, packed for a potential move to Philly and, after six years with my company I have wrapped things up there. It is very strange making all of these changes not knowing 100% whether we will get this surgery. We have done all of this on hope and prayers.  I tried to explain to someone why I want this surgery so badly and the best analogy I could come up with is, if your child was in a car accident and they were hurt would you just wait to see if they would be alright or would you take them to the hospital right away? Of course you would take them to the hospital. I know my son is hurt and I want to try to help him immediately. I feel like this surgery is my way of helping him right away. It is amazing the absolute love you can have for someone you have never met.

I also wanted to thank our friends and family for all their help and support over the last few weeks. This weekend we moved (everyone knows how fun that can be). We had so many people volunteering to help we had to turn people away.  Family members and friends that work so hard for every dime they make gave us money to help pay for our trip to Philly and doing everything under the sun to make our lives easier from sending us cinnamon rolls so we wouldn’t even need to worry about making breakfast in the morning to offering up relatives’ houses in Philly to make our stay less expensive.  My husband and I are so grateful to everyone.  All of these people in our lives have made this situation so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment