Wednesday, June 1, 2011

27 Weeks and Counting

I was so happy to get out of last week and into week 27. It has been a long week but I'm just so thankful to still be pregnant. Now to set my sights on week 28. I have to take it one day at a time and I just wake up every morning so grateful to still be pregnant. I had an ultra sound yesterday and Andrew is doing really well. His cerebellum looks great, ventricles normal size and he is still moving his legs. Unfortunately my amnio fluid measured at 3%. A normal amnio measures between 11%-24%. It breaks my heart feeling like my body is failing to make a comfortable home for him. I know I have a tear in my uterus so I'm not sure why I was expecting it to not be low. I guess just wishful thinking. It was hard for me to figure out what to write  this week because I feel so emotionally drained. I just keep thinking there is a reason for everything that happens.  Anything that has ever happened in my life I can always look back and see the reason. I know in the future I will see the reason for this too. I just wish I had a crystal ball!   Staying positive is the most important thing I can do for Andrew so like I said I wake up everyday being grateful. Being an inpatient at Children's Hospital reminds you to be grateful. Seeing the children with cancer and the parents that have to go through that is heartbreaking and reminds you things can always be worse.

My family came this weekend to pack up our hotel and take our dogs back home. I was sad to see them go but I know they will be happier back at home with more room to run around.
My mom gave me a spa day from my hospital bed which was awesome. I got a pedicure and facial. It was great doing something that felt like my life before surgery and the hospital. Something that made me feel like a normal girl again. My younger sister is also coming this weekend. She lives in Hawaii so it is huge she is able to come visit. 

I received a lot of emails from people that tried to post comments on here and couldn't. I'm not sure why it is being difficult but hopefully it gets corrected. 

Please keep up the prayers and hope that Andrew stays put for as long as possible! Thank you so much for all your support!! 

5 comments:

  1. Kelly, I feel for you because I really do know EXACTLY how you feel. You spend so much time in that hospital bed, and all you can do is worry about the future. I was so scared when I was in your position, but everything turned out fine! I wish you could fast forward a year and see how wonderful Andrew will be. You're going to have a rough few weeks, until Andrew is born and then the NICU. Just take it a day at a time, because it will be hard. But when you get him home, it's all going to get better. I also wondered why I was going through all that and what purpose it had, and now look, I'm here encouraging you.

    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
    2 Corinthians 1:3-4

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Colleen! Trust me I look at you blog often to remind myself it all turns out okay in the end. Thank you for always making me feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, I'm so happy to hear he's still on the inside there! I didn't have the prenatal surgery, but I'm so familiar with the wishing-hoping-praying-dreading that comes in the lull between doing all you can and waiting to see how it all turns out. I pleaded for that crystal ball. Almost daily now, I look at my son and think that if I had seen THIS things would've been SO much easier. You can't see what Andrew will be like, but trust those of us who have been in your shoes and know that things will work out and this will all be a distant, dark memory, but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for 27 weeks! A spa day in a hospital bed sounds like just the thing!
    We are keeping you and Andrew in our thoughts and prayers. Every day inside is one better.

    I also wish I knew when I was pregnant what I know now. We didn't have prenatal surgery, but all that worrying and wondering when I was pregnant, and then fast forward to 19 months later (even 9 days later) and I just don't worry about the same things.
    Bed rest is hard because all you have to do is sit/lay around and think and wonder and worry. I'm glad your family is able to visit and cheer you up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just finding you here now. I am saying prayers. We did not have the prenatal surgery since we had twins but we did give birth at 28 weeks. they were the size of 26 week babies. The NICU is tough but you can do it. As little as he is, that little Andrew is a BIG fighter!!! wishing you all the best!
    Holli

    ReplyDelete